- 1981 foal. Owned by RE Sangster and trained my Vincent O'Brien winning six races from 7f to 10f between 2yo to 3yo. As a juvenile won a 7f maiden on Sept 17th debut and the 8f Group 3 Beresford in two starts. At 3yo won
Group 1 races in the Irish 2,000 Guineas, Irish Champion, Phoenix Champion & Eclipse Stakes.
- To stud in 1985 at Coolmore in Ireland and thirteen times champion sire of Britain and the most successful european sire of the last 25 years. Produced numerous Group 1 winners from 8f to 14f including european 'Guineas' winners with King Of Kings, Entrepreneur, Refuse To Bend & Barathea, 'Oaks & Derby' successes from Montjeu, Galileo, High Chaparral, Old Vic & Imagine and St Leger wins for Milan & Brian Boru.
- The stellar reputation he has overall should be put to one side when considering his results with British raced 2yos where his record is below average. Unlike many sires it is relatively easy to classify a 'typical' 2yo season for him. He gets a relatively high number of runners each season but a low number of total runs. This is because most of his 2yos will make later season debuts and probably run one or two times, in maidens, over 7f to 8f (he has had a single run over less than 7f in the last four years). He gets below average percentages for winners to runners and strike rate and wins are almost exclusively over 7-8f from August onwards.
- He gets regular examples of better class wins despite the relatively small number of winners with recent examples being Brian Boru (8f Group 1) in 2002, Playful Act (8f Group 1) in 2004 and Nakheel (8f Listed).
- His reputation means that anything by him makes a good price and his 32 yearlings sold in 2005 made an average around 200,000gns. (Although it is always worth reminding yourself that he has also been responsible for more, expensive, slow maidens than probably any other sire). 2 maiden winners from only 13 runners in 2006 and 37 yearlings sold for an average of 228,000 guineas (median 140,000). ['Sire of Sires' Pictures]
- 2005 to 2007 Winners List.
- 2yo Runners Pictures.